I was craving to bake again yesterday and I was home alone so why not? For the last two weeks I had mega exams on so I could barely bake as much and people were requesting a lot of things that I should bake. The first two things on my list were from my sisters who asked for me to make double chocolate chip chocolate cookies and a two ingredient nutella torte.
I thought why not. And then I realised that after two years of obsessively baking, I have never made chocolate chip chocolate chip cookies. Like what is wrong with me. Why haven’t I made any before? So I laughed at myself and made a huge batch of them. I just practically made a load of chocolate bakes yesterday – most of it’s gone by now.
The cookies were loaded (I did literally stuff them all) with milk chocolate chips and dark chocolate chunks. When they came out of the oven they were so melty and gooey it was just crazy. I love this recipe so much as damn they were chewy and gooey and had a slight crunch on the edge of the cookie.
To match the hazelnut theme of the nutella cake, I decorated it with hazelnut truffles I found in a supermarket store (which were surprisingly delicious; the inside was so smooth and creamy I shed a tear – okay maybe I was not that emotional). I topped the torte with a truffle topping I wanted to try out and sprinkled sprinkles and gold dust upon that also adding strings of gold dragees.
♥ Recipe for the Two Ingredient Nutella Torte:
All you need is two ingredients:
♥ 240g of Nutella
♥ 4 eggs
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit and grease a 8 inch pan / 20cm pan.
2) In a large bowl beat the eggs until they are frothy and a light lemon colour – do this with a electric hand mixer or stand mixer because its going to take a lot of energy to do by hand.
3) Fold this into the nutella mixture until no streaks remain.
4) Pour into cake pan and bake for 25 – 35 minutes.
5) Cool and you are done!
♥ For the truffle topping:
♥ 125g of milk chocolate
♥ 2 Tablespoons of butter
♥ 1 Tablespoon of any syrup
♥ 1 Tablespoon of nutella
1) Mix and melt all of the ingredients in a pan or in the microwave and spread over the cake.
♥ For the double chocolate chip chocolate cookies:
♥ 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
♥ 1 teaspoon baking soda
♥ 3/4 cup cocoa powder
♥ 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
♥ 1 cup granulated sugar
♥ 1 cup light brown sugar
♥ 2 large eggs
♥ 3/4 cup chopped dark chocolate chocolate
♥ 1 cup milk chocolate chips
1) Preheat your oven to 375 degrees fahrenheit and grease a large cookie sheet and line it with parchment paper.
2) Sift the flour, baking soda and cocoa powder into a medium sized bowl and stir until all one colour.
3) Cream the butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl and then beat in the eggs one at a time.
4) Add the milk chocolate chips and the flour, mixing until a dough is formed.
5) Roll mixture into large balls and press dark chocolate chunks into each of them (No one wants burnt chocolate chip cookies – avoided if chocolate is not at the bottom of the cookie so I pressed some of the chocolate on top).
6) Bake for 10 – 14 minutes and take them out when the outside of the cookie does not stick to your finger anymore. Even though they are still soft take them out to have a chewy cookie. Leave to cool until they are firm enough to transfer onto a baking rack and bake the next batch afterwards.
♥ Enjoy your chocolate bakes ♥